Arts Award is now offering additional support opportunities for trained advisers. These free sessions will give you the chance to refresh your knowledge, ask questions and explore ways of making Arts Award work in your organisation.
Support surgeries provide an opportunity for existing advisers to explore and develop the delivery of Arts Award in their setting, with the help of trained support consultants.
Arts Award advisers meeting the criteria below can request a free support visit from one of our trained support consultants.
We welcome requests from centres meeting the following criteria:
1) unable to attend one of our public support surgeries due to location
2) have experienced a difficult or unsuccessful moderation
3) museums or libraries
4) delivering Arts Award with a large group (approx 50+ for Bronze, Explore and Discover, 20+ for Silver and 10+ for Gold)
5) are working in a cluster or alliance with other centres and would like a visit for the whole group
6) working with one of Arts Award’s identified targeted groups of young people, these are:
a) looked after children and young people / care leavers
b) young carers / parents
c) young people in the youth justice system
d) homeless young people
e) young people in hospital or suffering long term health problems
f) Gypsy, Roma or traveller young people
g) young people not in education, employment or training
h) young people with disabilities
i) young people with special educational needs
j) young who live in rural isolation
k) young people who live in an area of economic deprivation
When you request a visit, you need to demonstrate how your centre meets one or more of the above criteria, please note suport visits last approximately 2 hours.
Arts Council England is funding a network of ten Bridge organisations who will use their experience and expertise to build on good practice and to work with others to make connections and champion the role of arts and culture in the lives of children and young people. One of the key areas of their work will be the regional development of Arts Award.
To see what support your local Bridge organisation has to offer, visit our In your region pages.